Crews attend chimney fire at house in Stanley Downton

Profile image for Spacy

By Spacy | Friday, February 15, 2013, 06:56

Crews from Stroud attended a chimney fire at a property in the village of Stanley Downton, near Stonehouse, on Tuesday evening.

Fire control responded to a call received at 7.24pm, dispatching one appliance from Stroud Community Fire Station to the scene.

The crew confirmed this was a chimney fire at a private address and that they spent one hour and 15 minutes dealing with the incident.

Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year, and is advising homeowners to follow its safety advice to prevent such incidents at their properties.

      

Latest Stories in Stonehouse

       
      

Search for...

       
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min price is bigger than Max price
        
Min rent is bigger than Max rent